For this week we present a well used and well loved Pegoretti Marcelo that belongs to one of our customers. The bike is going on 5 years old and has many hard miles logged on it. Besides a few chips in the paint here and there the bike cleans up like new. While it may be heavier than many of the carbon bikes out there now the Marcelo offers a much more refined ride and will still be going strong long after these new bikes have expired. This may not be the first choice for a pure hill climb bike, but for all-around high performance riding this is very hard to beat.
Highlights of the build are as follows:
- Full Campagnolo Record 11spd group
- Campagnolo Bora Ultra Two tubular wheels
- Enve 1.0 45mm rake fork
- Chris King headset
- Thomson Elite 29.4 seat post
- Fizik Kurve Chameleon saddle
- Zipp SC SL 130mm -17 stem
- Zipp SC SL 44mm O-O bars
- Fizik Super Light tacky tape
- Continental GP4000 tubulars, 22mm
- Speedplay Titanium pedals
- King Stainless cages
All in, 17lbs flat. Pretty good for a 58cm steel bike! Enjoy the pictures and feel free to contact us with any questions about this or any other bike related issues!