Sign up. It’s good. We promise.
Gorgeous bikes, products, events, reviews and everything we love about cycling delivered to your inbox.
Zipp Speed Weaponry
Meet the new Zipp 353 NSW. The latest wheel from Zipp placing them at the forefront of race wheel technology yet again. First seen on the 454, the polarizing Sawtooth technology is back on this remarkable do-all wheel. Far more than a shrunk down copy to a shorter depth, the 353 NSWs have been completely redesign, greatly benefitting form the lessons learned in their latest 303 Firecrests.
Why the funny shape? It's proven to stabilize the aero wheel's behavior in varying crosswinds, so you're never wasting focus on keeping the bike under control. The process takes nearly four times as long to manufacture as a standard 303, but as we know well, good things are worth the investment.
At 1255g they're the lightest set of disc-brake wheels Zipp has made yet. In fact, they're one of the lightest tubeless disc wheels we've seen, period, which means your aero wheels can also now be your climbing wheels. With a 25mm inner width they're able to support the widest of tires, making them a worthy choice for your gravel wheels too. The hookless bead allows tires to sit more flush with the rim's edge for a greater aero advantage. It also allows for a manufacturing process that makes them stronger and lighter.
Zipp knows that speed isn't just about weight and aerodynamics. It's about rolling resistance too. Just like the 303 Firecrests, the 353 NSWs are designed with Total System Efficiency Technology. That's their marketing speak for engineered compliance and vibration damping, meaning they smooth out the chatter so you can roll faster.
For our first hand review on the new 353 NSW, check out the journal here.
Here's a list of all the specs and features Zipp would like you to know:
· Total System Efficiency Technology
· Axial Clutch V2
· Versatile endurance wheelset for the modern road bike with tubeless and hookless rim profile
· Our lightest tubeless wheelset yet, making it a fast-puncher ready to fight
· Optimized tire bed for easy tire installation
· TSE for greater efficiency and reduced rolling resistance
· Sawtooth rim with Hyperfoil nodes and HexFin ABLC dimple pattern for top aero and crosswind-stability performance with an undulating rim depth
· Cognition V2 hubset rolls efficiently whether you are pedaling or coasting. Its Axial ClutchV2 technology reduces drag and lowers friction
· Ships with 12mm front and rear end caps
· Center locking rotor interface. Lockring is included with the wheels
· XDR or SRAM/Shimano driver bodies
· Zipp graphics applied using Zipp’s ImPress direct-print technology
· Campagnolo driver body sold separately
· Front 580g Rear: 675g*
· Lifetime Warranty *Lightest configuration: 12mm through axles and XDR body. No tape or valve include